a place with a future
There are several ways in which you can help the museum: join our team of volunteers, become aN NTM Friend or simply make a donation.
Volunteering at the Museum.
If you have some time to give, maybe you could help in....
- welcoming visitors to our reception and shop
- engaging with our visitors - bringing local history to life
- assisting with our schools and group visits
- caring for our historic collection
- providing DIY skills
- looking after our building
- documenting museum artefacts
- organising events
Call in at the Museum when we are open or email us at email@example.com.
Join NTM Friends
We have established a group called NTM Friends and it would be great if you could sign up and become a member.
When you become a member we ask for a modest annual or regular donation of at least £20 which will help to sustain the Museum into the future secure in the knowledge that we have committed funds we can use to develop and keep the Textile Museum open. Donations made this way are eligible for Gift Aid which boosts the value of your contribution by 25%.
As a NTM Friend you will receive our standard newsletter, plus special mailings of interest. We are also looking at ways of offering our Friends special activities and benefits one of which will be a discount to our evening talks or events currently being planned for the summer of 2022 and beyond
All donations are handled by our own registered charity - the Newtown Textile Museum. (Charity number: 1188651). All money comes direct to the Museum.
Please Gift Aid your donation if you are eligible.
Friends and donations - How to go about it
If you would like to help us financially there are two options. Sign up to be a member of our Friends Group (details above), or just make a donation. Which ever option you pick, it is a two-part process.
- Make a payment using the Donate button provided,
- Complete a form to give us your details.
You can fill in the form online, or you can print it off to send to us. We link your completed form to the donation when the money is received, and send you a receipt.
Complete one of the two forms online, so that we have your details. You must complete both parts of the process, i.e. use the donate button AND fill in the form if you want to use the online option. The donation and form are linked once completed.
When you use the Donate button you can select to make payment either with Paypal, or with a credit card; and you can also arrange regular payments.
If you would prefer to arrange payment through a Standing Order with your bank you will need to download the form here and post it to us.
- Standing Order for on-going annual or monthly payments. (This form is not available for completion on-line as the Banks require an original signature).
In both the Membership and Donation forms, Data Protection consent is required and optional Gift Aid is available. The option to receive our newsletters is also included.
Download or print forms
If you would rather download and print a form for a donation or Friends membership, use the link below. Then you can fill in the relevant form and post it to us at the address given on below. This is the best option if you wish to send a cheque in the post, and in this case you will not need to use the Donate button provided. Gift aid is an option on these forms. Please Gift Aid your donation if at all possible as it is worth an extra 25% to us.
*Address for cheques: Newtown Textile Museum, 5 - 7 Commercial Street, Newtown, Powys SY16 2BL
GRANTS,Sponsorship or corporate support.
Another way to support the Museum is to provide corporate support.
We are enormously grateful to our funders and supporters for all the help they have given us.
Major Grants AND SUPPORTers
- Gwendoline and Margaret Davies Trust
- AIM Pilgrim Trust Collections Care.
- Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council
- Newtown Local History Group
- Community Foundation Wales - Powys Church Act
- Community Foundation Wales - Powys Community Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation Wales -The Ashley Family Foundation
- Oakdale Trust
- Bodfach Trust
- Rotary Club of Newtown
- Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd
- AIM, ICON & Pilgrim Trust Collections Care Audit
- Supported by the Skinners Company Lady Neville Charity - giving small grants to local grass-roots organisations
- Federation of Museums and Art Galleries of Wales
- Welsh Government through the Museums, Archives and Libraries Division
- Powys County Council Community Regeneration and Development Fund
- Nidec Control Techniques
- Tesco Bags of Help
Local sponsors and suppliers
- Mouse Matt - IT support
- Chris Parry - Painter and Decorator
- Fibre-East - weaving and spinning equipment
- Blues Digital - printing services
- Imprint - printing services
- Sue Newham - design work
- Red Flame - electrical
Add your name to theirs by providing goods or services to the Museum.