Translate This Page
a place with a future
There are several ways in which you can help support the museum SO we can secure our future:
You can join our team of volunteers if you live locally,
simply make a donation or
if you can make your donation into a regular payment
become aN NTM Friend
You probably know that the Newtown Textile Museum is an independent museum, managed and run entirely by volunteers. We are enthusiastic and dedicated but we need to grow our team so we need your help.
Volunteering at the Museum - what we do.
Each day Newtown Textile Museum is open two volunteer hosts run the museum. Our first job is to get the museum ready to receive visitors to Newtown's number one tourist attraction- we get visitors from all over. We turn on displays, switch on lights, open blinds, unlock doors and put signage out. We welcome visitors, do our best to answer questions, guide people around if they need it and encourage feedback.
We look after the reception area and the little shop- very popular! We keep records of visitor numbers, report any issues, and look after security.
If there's school visit or a weaving demonstration we will be on hand to help out. There's time to eat lunch, have a coffee and a chat and of course, to catch up with a bit of local history ourselves.
What our volunteer hosts say:
- ' Proud to show visitors this local history gem, always an enjoyable experience'
- 'As a new host I was welcomed to the team very warmly. Now looking forward to my second hosting season'
Email us at this address if you would like to join our team. There is plenty to do in the winter as well.
It is easy to make a donation
There are two easy ways to make a donation to the Museum. You can use internet banking to pay directly into our account (details below) or you can use the Donate button to pay through Paypal or your credit card. Our bank details are:
- Natwest Newtown Powys
- Sort code: 53-81-00
- Account No 78540283
We obviously need to know who you are, so fill in this simple form to give us your details. Whichever way you pay, if you are able to Gift Aid your donation the Museum greatly benefits at no extracost to you. Data protection consent is also required.
We would be even more grateful if you could make your donation into a regular payment and become a NTM Friend.
By giving us a regular payment (monthly or annually) we can feel more secure about our planning for the future. All the money will be used to care for the building and its contents.
Establish a recurring payment via the BACS system by Standing Order with your bank (details above) for a (modest) regular donation and complete this online membership form.
New members will receive a free e-copy of the Museum guide (or a printed copy on request).
All donations are handled by our own registered charity - Newtown Textile Museum. (Charity number: 1188651). All money comes direct to the Museum.
Please Gift Aid your donation if you are eligible.
Download or print forms
If you would rather download and print a form for a donation or Friends membership, use the link below. Then you can print and fill in the relevant form and post it to us at the address given below. This is the best option if you wish to send a cheque in the post, and in this case you will not need to use the Donate button provided unless you wish to make your payment regularly. Gift aid is an option on these forms. Please Gift Aid your donation if at all possible as it is worth an extra 25% to us.
*Address for cheques: Newtown Textile Museum, 5 - 7 Commercial Street, Newtown, Powys SY16 2BL
GRANTS,Sponsorship or corporate support.
Another way to support the Museum is to provide corporate support.
We are enormously grateful to our funders and supporters for all the help they have given us.
Major Grants AND SUPPORTers
- Gwendoline and Margaret Davies Trust
- AIM Pilgrim Trust Collections Care.
- Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council
- Newtown Local History Group
- Community Foundation Wales - Powys Church Act
- Community Foundation Wales - Powys Community Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation Wales -The Ashley Family Foundation
- Oakdale Trust
- Bodfach Trust
- Rotary Club of Newtown
- Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd
- AIM, ICON & Pilgrim Trust Collections Care Audit
- Supported by the Skinners Company Lady Neville Charity - giving small grants to local grass-roots organisations
- Federation of Museums and Art Galleries of Wales
- Welsh Government through the Museums, Archives and Libraries Division
- Powys County Council Community Regeneration and Development Fund
- Nidec Control Techniques
- Tesco Bags of Help
Local sponsors and suppliers
- Newtown IT Solutions- IT support
- Chris Parry - Painter and Decorator
- Blues Digital - printing services
- Imprint - printing services
Add your name to theirs by providing goods or services to the Museum.
We would particularly like to thank
the Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council and Ashley Family Foundation for their contributions for the reception area upgrade.